Monday, April 03, 2006

1 down, 161 to go

Todays post is brought to you by the letter "W" for win. The Orioles opening day was today, and I figured that, at the most, I would get to listen to the tail of the game on the radio when I got home from work. Mid-morning, I get a phone call from my roommate. She got tickets for todays game. My first thought, "that is so not fair, you do not like baseball!" My boss heard this, and said that I should go. It was SO MUCH FUN!!!!! When we got there, at the bottom of the second, the O's were losing 2-0. They came back in that inning. They gave up the lead again in the top of the 3rd. The o's did catch up eventually, and wound up hitting 4 home runs total. First Miguel Tejada, then in a subsequent inning Luis Matos followed by Melvin Mora in a back to back home run slug fest. The pic is from after Melvin Mora had just hit his. Check out the sign above the Jumbo-Tron!!!!!!!!! In the 7th inning Jeff Conine hit one. So excited that he is back. So so far, so good. I am a big believer in "begin in the way in which you mean to go on", so this may be a good indicator. Anyway, on a separate note, everyone should watch "Angels in America. It made me cry.
F OUT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No comments: