Thursday, November 15, 2007

Hats!

Well ok, this post is just hat but it sounded better plural. On the advice of my crafty friend X, I have started checking out Craftster (which blogger will NOT let me post a link to), and I LOVE it! So far, I have really only spent time on the crochet section, and I am happy to report that there are so many things there, that I may never, ever make it to another section. Anyway, I saw this post of a cloche/flapper style hat that I loved. Now, I only started making hats a few weeks ago, and most of my skill lays in the, crochet a circle, repeat, type of area, but I decided to try this out. It was extremely well written, and seemed like even I could do it. I got myself some pretty yarn out of the stash in my closet, and I went to work. Suffice it to say, I am pleased with the results. If I still covered my hair, I would be making a BUNCH to wear.
SM we are gonna figure out a way to make you a comfortable hat that does not give you a headache, or raise your body temp by a bazillion degrees!



Here are the results of my first effort on me (sorry for the blurriness, there is only so much a cell phone can do)




and on MM, the cutest 2 year old ever (Fie, I See, I See!) Not quite his style, but still funny!


No comments: