Tuesday, December 18, 2007

and the hats roll on..........

*WARNING* IMAGE HEAVY

So my sister lives in New Jersey, and I do not get to see her very often, which is sad for me because I like her. We have been talking about crocheting lately, and I asked her if there was anything that I make that she wants. She told me no. In fairness to her, she is certainly capable of making her own scarf or blanket (she has been crocheting since she was little just like me) and even though she does not know it, I am convinced she could make hats as well. In any case, we were on the phone the other night, and I was telling her about the hats I was making my friends kids, and the hats that another friend had commisioned, and I mentioned that I liked making earflap hats, and she got all excited and asked if I could make her one. Being the super cool older sister that I am, I said sure, and asked her what color she wanted. Since I will not be able to mail the hat out until after the first of the year, I am putting it up here so she has something to look at. I hope you like it brat!

The front view













The side view (taken from my car as I was driving)











The back/top view











My lovely friend Carrie, who is modeling the hats for me, also commisioned me to make a hat for her sister, who requested rainbow yarn, and cat ears. I thought, what the heck, I will give it a shot, and this is what I came up with.

Once again, the front view











The side view











and the back/top view (I am really proud of the ears)











I also made her brother an earflap out in camoflauge yarn that is super super soft.
The front view











The side view (yeah no one will see him in that, he will blend right in!)










and finally I made her cousin a hat with a light and dark blue, apparently her Aunt saw the hats and just flipped at how cute they were!

The front view









and the side






Let me know what you think!

5 comments:

Miriam the Mommy said...

No one told me EARS were options!! Oh, that is painfully cute. You should so sell those in the online store - they fit right in with your friends horns for sale.

I am so happy you've found something you enjoy that can make (some) money!!

Xan said...

So tell me, what's it like living in a hat factory?

Theester said...

I FREAKIN' LOVE IT! Thank you so much! I think it might look good with a matching scarf that is long and warm and fuzzy and wonderful. Just saying.... :-) Anyway, I loves you and it and you are the bestest theester EVER in the whole world. No really it rocks and so do you.

Faye said...

Miriam-ok, ears were totally not an option until I figured out how to do them! Now they are if you want one you can order it from the site, there were be a note about earflap hats there shortly.
Xan- Kind of like living in a Jo-Ann Fabrics, I am sure you understand!
Theester-teehee, buy your own yarn and make a scarf! (we will see)

Masha said...

Awesome hats! You've inspired me, and helped me get over my "tiredofmakinghats" phase. Thanks!