Monday, December 10, 2007

Chag Sameach!

Today is day 6 of Chanukah. I love this holiday. Lots of good feelings all around. Let's see, I 'splain... no no take too long, I sum up. First of all, Mazal Tov to E&J who welcomed A.Z into the fold on Sunday. May you be zoche l'gadlo l'Torah, Chuppah, uMa'asim Tovim. Ok aside from that, on Thursday night I had supper at the K's and we did our gift swap. As I stated previously I gave handmade gifts. For baby A there was an earflap hat made of camo yarn (Daddy's in the Army) which matches the blanket I made him when he was born, and for J, there was a blue hat that will keep his head warm when he has to report for formation at 6 A.M. For S there was a necklace kit, which she gets to put together (hence the homemade) with wooden beads that will proclaim to one and all that she is the princess she knows herself to be! They gave me the coolest gift ever! They took a lovely woven basket and filled it with bunches of different yarns, and pattern books. I cannot begin to explain how much I loved it. Thanks guys! Sat. night I had a few friends over for lots of games, and some latkes. I would like to thank A&X for Apples to Apples, which is just SUCH a fun game! I would also like to thank C for my LOVERLY gifts. I adore them all! On Sunday I worked in the morning then I tooled off to Rockville for some quality time with the Abba figure. I made him a hat, which I frankly thought he would throw in the closet and never wear, so was pleasantly surprised when he got very excited and showed me that it exactly matched his new winter coat. Here he is.

I also made his friend a hat. I made her hat with 2 strands of Caron's Simply Soft, which I adore, except when it tangles, which is fairly frequent. Anyway, this hat is made in a flapper style with a slight bell at the end. I am really really proud of this hat, it came out almost perfect, and I think the colors are really classy.


I had a nice time all in all. I netted some cool yarn from my Mom's (O"H) stash that I had not raided previously. Some of it I have NO idea what I am going to do with, but some of it will be used to make A.Z. his welcome to the world present, and I am sure I can find things to do with the rest of it. I did net 6 skeins of Caron Wintuk in beige that I have NOT A CLUE what to do with, but it is all good.

That is all from here in B'more, I am gonna go work now, have a great week everyone!

F OUT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No comments: